As a person, you come into contact with BMW either in the process of becoming a customer, being a customer for products and services or showing interest in what BMW offers. In this process you come into contact with different parties. We explain to you how our business structure operates and which the involved parties are:
BMW Belgium Luxembourg NV/SA, (hereafter “BMW Group Belux”) coordinates the BMW business in France: it appoints dealers and agents, deals with second level support and technical issues, operates the BMW.fr website, MyBMW accounts and the ConnectedDrive Service and promotes the BMW brand.
• Brands: BMW, MINI, BMW Motorrad and BMWi
• Products: cars, motors, spare parts, ….
• Services: connected car services, …..
BMW Group Belux owns and operates several websites (www.bmw.be, www.bmw.lu, www.mini.be, www.mini.lu, www.bmw-motorrad.be, http://www.bmw-motorrad.lu, amongst others).
BMW Group Belux owns and operates one dealership, under the commercial name BMW Brussels. BMW Group Belux further provides direct sales, for example through fleet, diplomatic sales, and BMWi agents.
BMW Group Belux manages the further distribution, working with commissioned independent dealers (hereafter “BMW Dealers”) and agents. Those are independent businesses and are not part of the BMW Group, unless stated otherwise.
BMW Partners (authorised dealers and service partners) operate using the BMW brands under license to sell and service BMW vehicles and products. They provide services to customers and third level support for technical issues.
BMW AG München, Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft, Petuelring 130, 80788 Munich, hereafter “BMW AG”, is the parent company of the BMW Group and provides much of the IT infrastructure through the above mentioned companies.
BMW AG distributes its brands, products and services in different regions through BMW Affiliated companies, acting as importer of these Brands, Products and services. In the region Belgium – Luxemburg, examples of BMW affiliated companies are BMW Belgium Luxembourg NV/SA and BMW Financial Services Belgium NV/SA.
Financial services are provided through separate companies, such as BMW Financial Services Belgium NV/SA.
BMW Group Belux collects your personal data through various touchpoints and contact channels, where you are informed through privacy notices before we collect the data, in case:
• you contact us directly e.g. via websites or via our customer hotlines to request information about our products and services.
• you buy a product or service directly from us (e.g. BMW lifestyle shop or ConnectedDrive store at our website).
• you reply to our direct marketing campaigns, e.g. filling out a response card or entering data online at one of our websites.
• your personal data are permissibly transferred from BMW Partners, BMW Affiliated companies or other third parties.
• your personal data is acquired from other sources (e.g. commercial address brokers).
• If your vehicle data (incl. vehicle identification number) are transferred to BMW AG while you’re having your vehicle serviced or repaired at BMW Brussels.
If you give information on behalf of someone else you must ensure that they have been provided with this policy before doing so. If you are under 16 please do not provide us with any of your information unless you have the permission of your parent or guardian to do so.
Please help us to keep your information up to date by informing us of any changes to your contact details or preferences.